News & Current Affairs Producers
This global media group are looking for experienced news and current affairs Producers to join their London office with almost immediate effect. The award-winning team develops and produces news content across various platforms and partner platforms, and focuses on short form storytelling using unique and creative ways to relay global news.
As a Producer you will be developing and creating compelling series and one-off documentaries. You will pitch stories that you find fascinating, and then either produce them from the office with archival material, or go out into the world and make them. You will see your stories through from the original idea, to development, to shoots, and finally, the scripting, editing, and finishing process. You will be adept in the field, in the edit bay, and will definitely be a team player.
Ideally you will come from a news and package producing background, with strong writing skills, or from a docs or digital video background with experience shooting and scripting short films.
You will have these:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing stories from start to finish: from pitch to delivery
- Able to develop and pitch unique story ideas on a variety of subjects, with research to back it up
- Able to gain access to sources and communities
- Able to deliver scripts that need little to no edits
- Excellent news judgment
- Understanding of story arc and how to build characters, scenes, and moments
- Able to work efficiently and deftly in the field
- Able to work independently and anticipate the needs of the team and company
- Able to work creatively with archival materials and shoots in the office or at home
- Excellent writing and script editing skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work across a variety of formats incl: contributor-led, scripted films and original short documentaries.
- Experience working on tight deadlines
- Able to mentor other team members
We’d love it if you also had these:
- Expertise and sourcing in a specific beat, including extremism, trafficking, justice, climate or race
- Digital and/or documentary experience
- Fluency in another language
- Able to shoot A or B cam
LOCATION: WFH / London office
START DATE: Late May/early June 2021
SALARY: To be negotiated
JOB TYPE: 3 months with a view to extend
CLOSING DATE: 21st May 2021
To apply please send your cv and covering letter here;
We Do Talent are an equal opportunity recruiter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to working with companies that actively create an inclusive environment for all candidates.