WDT are looking for a Production Accountant to provide administrative, bookkeeping and financial control support for a London-based, television production management team. This is a full-time permanent role on a 4 or 5 days per week basis, where you will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Director of Production.
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified or QBE accountant (5 years+ PQE). TV and or film experience is a benefit but not a requirement.
You will be responsible for managing the flow of production data. Duties include:
• Purchase invoices (AP)
• Checking approvals and Purchase Orders
• Loading all payments to banking (Coutts)
• All posting into the DEXT and XERO accounting software
• Administrative and bookkeeping support for the accounting and finance team
• Reports as required
• Cost manager reconciliation as appropriate
• Ensuring AP is accurate, checking for errors, and that payments are processed by due dates, including monthly loan out or “schedule D” payments.
• Generating Sales invoices in Xero for the production funding, liaising with funders and ensuring timely receipt of production funds according to contractually agreed stage payments.
• PAYE and payroll reconciled monthly as received from head office, and updated onto Cost Managers.
• PLEO cash card transactions exported into each project on a monthly basis monitored and wallet balance top ups processed as necessary
• Petty Cash floats accurately cleared down with valid backing paperwork
• Bank Reconciliations weekly
• VAT returns – ensure all transactions for projects are posted and dealt with by VAT quarters
• Recharges and reimbursements between head office and the project bank accounts monthly
• Production cashflow against agreed project budget
• Reconciling XERO to excel Cost Managers run by Production Managers on each project
• Setting up new supplier accounts, liaising with suppliers and production teams for queries
• Streamline and improve systems where possible for all stakeholders in the production process
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you. Please apply via the link
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: To be negotiated
JOB TYPE: permanent
CLOSING DATE: 31st March 2023
To apply please send your cv and covering letter here;
We Do Talent are an equal opportunity recruiter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to working with companies that actively create an inclusive environment for all candidates.